Coryon constructs the Icon of the Dragon Bloodbane. Mysteriones
created from Bloodbane's life-essence. Bloodbane destroys Tovilyis
and the Quarmallian army. The Elf-Quarmall War ends. Beginning of
the Age of Men.
- 280 years ago
Lorathon Shadowblade, a wild elf exiled from the isle of
Zeçy, stumbles into a cave in the Stormlands inhabited by a
Basilisk, and is turned to stone.
- 140 years ago
The giant Bolga meets Bloodbane. Bolga slays Coryon and takes
Mysteriones and the Icon of the Dragon. Coryon's cursed soul
lingers in the Horrible Abomination of Stone.
- 82 years ago
Hero Al-Nisr establishes the Diamond Knights in the Eastern Lands.
- 80 years ago
Al-Nisr arrives in the Lake-lands (with his flying horse Durpar) in
search of the Holy Grail. He helps to defend the Lake-lands from
Bolga and in the process introduces a new religion to the area.
- 76 years ago
Battle of Twixwater Meadows. Bolga's Lost Race army is defeated by
an unlikely alliance of Humans (led by Al-Nisr), Elves and Druids.
Bolga is captured by Elthiria of the Elves and Heironymous of the
Druids. Elthiria takes the Icon of the Dragon to Imric, lord of the
Elves. Heironymous rapes Elthiria. Al-Nisr, continuing his quest,
disappears into the Mountains of Hunger and is killed by Coryon's
Horrible Abomination of Stone.
- 73 years ago
The Grey Man is born. Death of Elthiria. Imric retreats into his
tower in melancholy.
- 72 years ago
Fall of the Diamond Knights of the Old Coast.
- 66 years ago
Voyage of the Mang. Quarmallian agents including Polydices remove
the Fountain of Dark Delights from Lankhmar, then journey south to
capture the Holy Grail from the ruins of Tovilyis. Polyydices
remains in the Stormlands with the Fountain; the Mang is wrecked
off Earth's End.
- 33 years ago
Bolga released by the Grey Man. Battle of Frogton Fields. Bolga and
Prince Podgett slay each other. Philo (then Prince Podgett's
squire) acquires Mysteriones. Polydices delivers the Fountain of
Dark Delights to the Grey Man. Grey Man's ascendancy in the
Stormlands begins. Griflet captured by Black Annie. Oovra defaces
the Fountain, flees the Grey Man and is captured by Imric. Philo
wanders south to the Lakes of Pleea, and meets the ranger Vardin.
- 32 years ago
Westley and Buttercup born.
- 31 years ago
Philo (now a ranger) befriends Prince Eslim of the Elves in the
Forest of Sibilan.
- 27 years ago
Princes Eslim and Eder of the Elves perish in the Stormlands (Eder
is turned to stone by a basilisk). King Thugriff slays Philo, and
- 26 years ago
- [1st](Hare). Minian Leah, monk of the Grey Cowl and Champion of
Law duels with Sly Kite, Warrior of Chaos in the Great Salt Marsh
near Lankhmar, secretly observed by Ningauble of the Seven Eyes and
Sheelba of the Eyeless Face. After a long battle, Sly Kite is
victorious; he kills his former companion with the soul-sucking
demonsword Blackrazor (much to the delight of the Lords of Chaos).
Thus the scene is set for more conflict between Law and Chaos.
- [8th](Lizard). [Adventures of the Fellowship of Mystery begin.]
Willow and her band of adventurers defeat the Sea Devils of
- [18th](Butterfly). Dorien Greysky killed by a Vortex.
- [19th](Mouse). Magepriest Arden Starfall and elf ranger Willow
form the Fellowship of Mystery.
- [27th](Rat). The Fellowship recovers the fallen star.
- [7th](Scorpion). The Fellowship returns the fallen star to
Shafley in the Tower of the Heavens.
- [14th](Falcon). The Fellowship exchanges the fallen star for
the Books of Prophecy.
- [6th](Spider). Willow killed by Trolls in the hills around
- [12th](Dove). The Quest for Willow's bones begins.
- [21st](Cat). The Fellowship of Mystery recover Willow's remains
from the Trolls.
- [5th](Raven). The Fellowship of Mystery defeats the Gauntlet
and saves the Keep of Adlerweg from the Fire Giant.
- [1st](Hare). The Fellowship of Mystery journeys to the Great
- [25th](Bat). The Fellowship of Mystery defeats Sakatha, the
Lizard King of the Great Southern Swamp, as well as Aulicus, the
- [30th](Crab). Callistro's Brotherhood of Dalshra tries to take
power in Carse. The rebellion is unsuccessful, but Callistro
- [1st](Hare). Fellowship ordered by Baron Bogardis IV of Carse
to pursue Callistro and bring him to justice.
- [2nd](Minnow) Callistro captured by the Fellowship.
- [9th](Frog). Callistro escapes.
- [30th](Crab). Baron Bogardis IV of Carse falls gravely ill, due
to Malac's black magic.
- [19th](Mouse). Callistro burns the Fellowship House, and is
finally caught by the Fellowship.
- [1st](Hare). Madwan the Bard joins Kellin's Band.
- [27th](Rat). Baron Bogardis IV dies. Malac assumes the
- [30th](Crab). Malac sends the Fellowship of Mystery north.
- [1st](Hare). [Stormlands Campaign begins] Griflet, Kal Zakath
and Strawberry Fields find themselves on Captain Scabb's
battle-barge. Fellowship of Mystery at sea.
- [3rd](Turtle). Captain Scabb's battle-barge sinks with its
master. Lars, Griflet and Strawberry stagger ashore. Lars leaves
and is captured by goblins. The other three are found by Carby and
taken to Walthorp Downs.
- [4th](Newt). First sortie against the Goblin lair.
- [5th](Raven). Second sortie against the Goblin lair.
- [7th](Scorpion). The Battle of Walthorp Downs. King Thugriff
defeated. Mysteriones joins Griflet.
- [15th](Dog). Rod of Kulg recovered from Castle Kulg by Griflet.
Death of Strawberry Fields and Lupin Ranklesmithers by yellow mold.
Gnolls of Scumthorp defeated.
- [1st](Hare). The Fellowship of Mystery are lost to the north of
- [2nd](Minnow). The Fellowship of Mystery join up with Thorfin's
dwarf caravan to Irilian.
- [6th](Spider). The Fellowship caravan arrives at Irilian at
dusk. They defeat the Cloud of Darkness.
- [8th](Lizard). Changeling and Randel A'Thor defeat Dorshak
- [15th](Dog). Madwan the Bard leaves Kellin's Band north of
- [17th](Worm) First sortie against Grimlocks by Griflet, Merrick
Quickstring, Finbar the Fabulous, Daphne and Kal Zakath.
- [20th](Toad). Battle of the Grimlock Caves.
- [21st](Cat). Grimlock caves clear (almost).
- [2nd](Minnow). Fellowship of Mystery sack D'Hel's temple in
Irilian. Randel A'Thor killed.
- [7th](Scorpion). Darkrise on Irilian. Arden Starfall combines
with the Light and is destroyed with the Dark.
- [8th](Lizard). Kal Zakath and Finbar the Fabulous killed by the
Sosistra of the Grimlocks. Sosistra killed by Westley and
Buttercup. They meet Griflet in Walthorp Downs.
- [9th](Frog). The Creature of Marpistle Well killed by Westley
- [27th](Rat). Griflet's band skirmish with Tollund forces south
- [30th](Crab). Eslim's grave discovered. Battle of Krackspine's
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet is admitted to Imric's presence.
- [14th](Falcon). The Fellowship slays the Grell of Iril
- [17th](Worm). The Fellowship kills the Trolls of the Iril
- [26th](Squirrel). Battle of the Irilbridge. Orcs flee in terror
from the Fellowship.
- [28th](Fox). The Fellowship begin the reconstruction of Iril
- [21st](Cat). The Basilisk of the Stormlands slain by Griflet's
band. Eder, Lorathon Shadowblade and John Smith, all in stone form,
are taken from cave.
- [2nd](Minnow) Akbar and Grimble defeat the hobgoblins Bergat
Gutfilcher, Rumblegut Bonesnapper and Snagger Bonesnapper of the
marauding Marrowsucker tribe.
- [4th](Newt). Battle of the Druid's Mound. Grithir slain by
- [19th](Mouse). The Grey Man's scarecrow defeated in the Stone
Circle of the Stormlands by Griflet's band. Remains of Archdruid
Cathaw interrogated by magic.
- [23rd](Mole). John Smith is captured by the Grey Man's forces
while lurking alone near Tall Pines. The Grey Man tortures
- [2nd](Minnow). Ghost of Druid Taplerns found by Griflet's band.
Lord Hellpus and his Hunt slain and the sword Werewindle taken by
- [5th](Raven). Prince Podgett surrenders his Horn for his Crown,
and both Crown and prince disintegrate. Lorathon Shadowblade takes
- [6th & 7th](Spider & Scorpion). While fleeing
to Imric's Hold, Griflet's band is harried by Calumny and his fire
elementals. The elementals are dismissed, but Calumny escapes.
- [8th](Lizard) Griflet's band arrives at Imric's Hold to stay
for the winter.
- [1st](Hare). Griflet's band leaves Imric's Hold
- [2nd](Minnow). Lorathon Shadowblade burns to death by Calumny's
magic. Calumny slain by Griflet's band. Griflet takes the Horn of
- [11th](Parrot). Battle of the Stone Circle. Karak slain by
- [16th](Skunk). Griflet's band enters the Briar Wood to confront
the Grey Man. They release the Forest King, John Smith and Styrus
the Satyr from the Grey Man's prison. Battle of the Fountain Court.
The Grey Man slain by Eder. The Fountain of Dark Abundance is
destroyed. John Smith killed by needlemen. Styrus the Satyr escapes
into the Briar Wood. The druid Medusa also escapes. [Stormlands
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet's band return to Imric's Hold. Imric
makes Griflet the Royal Scout of the elves.
- [6th](Spider). The druid Medusa joins Lord Carkspur of the
Stormlands, and presents him with the Grey Man's hoarded treasure.
The War of the Stormlands begins.
- [17th](Worm). Iril Keep completed, renamed the Keep of Dreams.
Fellowship of Mystery retire from active adventuring. [Adventures
of the Fellowship of Mystery end.]
- [14th](Falcon). Griflet swears allegiance to Law at Imric's
- [16th](Skunk). [Stormlands 2 (The Fate of Kings) begins.] Lana
Softhooves begins the Stranger's Quest for Al-Nisr.
- [20th](Toad). Lana reaches the Keep of Dreams.
- [27th](Rat). Captain Bastinado and his ratmen hijack the river
raider 'Revenge' and take its captain Black Annie prisoner.
- [1st](Hare). Griflet and his three rangers Astalin, Briath and
Memrian set out for Antim Town on Imric's orders. Buttercup finds
the figurehead of the Revenge.
- [5th](Raven). Daphne encounters Lana Softhooves in the
Stormlands. They meet Captain Strongbow and his survivors in Fort
Hope, on the edge of the Briar Wood.
- [7th](Scorpion). Griflet retrieves the Revenge's figurehead
from Buttercup and he and his band head south.
- [17th](Worm). Griflet's band reach Velvale, on the shores of
the Great Lake of Pleea. Daphne becomes Queen of the
- [19th](Mouse). Daphne meets Lord Weemsley and his knights, who
agree to an alliance. Griflet's band encounters Vardin, Protector
of Lorn Velpa, who offers aid.
- [20th](Toad). Daphne and Lana rescue Asquarti from Rachmaninof.
Daphne slays Rachmaninof.
- [22nd](Swan). Daphne holds council of war at Weemsley Hold.
Griflet's band destroys a beastman village in the Wold of
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet captures a Zerai warrior from a large
- [25th](Bat). Battle of Caer Tollund. Caer Tollund falls to
Daphne and Weemsley's forces (including the elven adventurer
Merrick Quickstring). Daphne renames the keep "Castle Lawden". Sir
Arcturius becomes the new Warden of Lawden. Lord Tollund
- [29th](Beaver). Griflet's band returns with its prisoner to
- [30th](Crab). Daphne and Lana return to Weemsley Hold.
- [3rd](Turtle). Griflet's band arrive at the Revenge ruins. They
defeat Captain Bastinado and his ratmen, and rescue Black Annie and
- [6th](Spider). Griflet climbs the Red Rock Stair and encounters
Coryon's Horrible Abomination of Stone in Coryon's sanctum. The
Horrible Abomination almost kills Griflet, but he is rescued by
Astalin. Griflet recovers the diamond medallion of Al-Nisr.
Bloodbane descends on Imric's tower. Bloodbane captures Imric's
Hold; the Elven Darkness begins. Death of Gilthiriel, advisor to
- [7th](Scorpion). Merrick Quickstring shoots and slays Medusa,
druid servant of Lord Carkspur.
- [8th](Lizard). Daphne slays and is slain by the Giant of
Tresswck. Werewindle broken; Lana throws the broken pieces into the
swamp. Christian of the High Passes defends the Silver Eel tavern
in Lankhmar from the depredations of the Thieves' Guild.
- [12th](Dove). Lana arrives at Antim Town. Griflet's band
encounter Polydices, who warns them of the Zerai's plans for
Tovilyis. Griflet and his band hurry northwards.
- [15th](Dog). Griflet's band arrives in Waylorn, meet Prince
Eder and speak briefly with the Druids. Later that day, Lana meets
the Great Druid.
- [16th](Skunk). Lana meets Karl of the Krow in Waylorn.
Together, they head south.
- [17th](Worm). Griflet and his band enter the Dream Woods of the
Forest of Sibilan.
- [24th](Shrew). Christian of the High Passes raids the Red God's
Temple in Lankhmar.
- [27th](Rat). Lana and Karl meet Durpar III, the descendant of
Al-Nisr's flying steed. Durpar leads them northwards.
- [3rd](Turtle). Lana and Karl reach Lorathon Shadowblade's grave
in the northern Forest of Sibilan. They enter the Dream Woods and
encounter Griflet's band. Griflet gives Lana the medallion of
- [15th](Dog). Battle of Imric's Hold. Elven Darkness ends. Lord
Imric, Prince Eder, Lana, Oovra, Astalin, Memrian, Briath and Karl
of the Krow (among others) killed by Bloodbane in Imric's
dream-tower. Bloodbane flees. Griflet and Mysteriones survive.
Passing of the Elven Nation. [Stormlands 2 campaign ends.]
- [16th](Skunk). Christian of the High Passes, Morgan of Vil-Ning
and Kissla of Illik-Ving depart Lankhmar in the 'Green Parrot'.
Griflet buries the Medallion of Al-Nisr with Lana Softhooves near
Imric's Tower. Imric and Eder are buried with great ceremony.
- [25th](Bat). The 'Green Parrot' is attacked by pirates off the
coast of Moorsh, but Christian, Morgan and Kissla defeat them.
- [27th](Rat). The 'Green Parrot' disembarks at Kadesh in the
Eastern Lands. Morgan, Christian and Kissla go their separate
- [3rd](Turtle). [Old Coast Campaign begins.] Christian of the
High Passes and a band of mercenaries ambush and defeat ten Diamond
Knights at the Tombs of the Kings northeast of Kadesh. Later,
somewhat remorseful, Christian rescues a wounded Diamond Knight
- [7th](Scorpion). Christian and Kendall return to Kadesh and
- [8th](Lizard). [Griflet's Adventures begin] Crisis at the Port
of Swan Ships. Griflet duels with fanatical elf faction leader Ash
at the Port of Swan Ships, and is victorious.
- [14th](Falcon). After parting with Kendall, Christian of the
High Passes slays a werewolf on a farm near Dryways.
- [15th](Dog). The Elven Leavetaking begins. The elves begin the
move from the Port of Swan Ships to Vardin's Protectorate in the
- [28th](Fox). Christian of the High Passes returns to
- [1st](Hare). Recovered from his wounds, Ash exiles himself from
the Elven lands.
- [13th](Hawk). The Elven Leavetaking ends.
- [30th](Crab). Polydices meets Griflet in Vardin's Protectorate,
and invites him to go dragon-hunting.
- [10th](Hornet). At Griflet's request, Gorianthas of the Elves
begins to move the elves of Vardin's Protectorate into a defensive
compound. The idea is not wildly popular with the elves.
- [15th](Dog). Griflet and Polydices set out for Bloodbane's cave
in the Wild Wold north of the Grave of Ships.
- [21st](Cat). Bloodbane's Fall. Griflet and Polydices ambush
Bloodbane in his lair and assault him with arrows, magic and the
Warriors of Podgett. Aided by Polydices' magic, Griflet chases the
fleeing Dragon through the Wold, and slays him with arrows. Death
of Mysteriones the Dragonspawn, in spite of his attempt to kill
- [26th](Squirrel). Griflet returns in triumph to the Elven
- [2nd](Minnow). Lucidia the Green-Eyed meets Quarn the Mingol
Sorcerer in Ilthmar Port.
- [4th](Newt). Lucidia and Quarn arrive in Kadesh. Prince Muburuk
of Kadesh announces a reward on the head of bandit-king Horn
- [10th](Hornet). While heading for Horn Hulfing's lair in the
ruined castle of Ka-Zoza on the Old Coast, Lucidia and Quarn slay a
group of Horn Hulfing's men in the village of Azab. Griflet and
Corinth begin the Dragon-hoard expedition.
- [14th](Falcon). Lucidia and Quarn return to Kadesh.
- [15th](Dog). Azab burnt to the ground by Horn Hulfing's
- [20th](Toad). Battle of the Wosh Falls. Griflet's elven forces
battle with Beastmen on the way to Bloodbane's cave.
- [22nd](Swan). Griflet's troops arrive at Bloodbane's cave and
load up the Dragon-Hoard.
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet's troops skirmish with Beastmen in the
- [25th](Bat). Lucidia and Quarn are bailed up by bandits on the
road. Quarn drives them off, but Lucidia is badly wounded in the
skirmish, forcing the pair to retreat to Kadesh.
- [4th](Newt). Griflet returns to Vardin's Protectorate with his
troops and the treasure. Griflet meets with Vardin at his
- [7th](Scorpion). Griflet persuades the reluctant Elven leaders
to share some of the Dragon-Hoard with Vardin.
- [9th](Frog). On their third sortie against Horn Hulfing, Quarn
and Lucidia encounter a bandit ambush, from which they escape.
Later that night, the pair observe the bandits entering the village
of Pazar. Lucidia sneaks into town for reconnaissance, murders two
travellers in the inn but unfortunately alerts the bandits. Quarn
and Lucidia successfully attack the village with magic, stealth and
steel. Once again the pair return to Kadesh.
- [17th](Worm). Griflet and his band arrive at old Imric's Hold
and find the dispirited survivors of the Servants of Sibilan
faction. Their leader, Crenore, dies in Griflet's presence. Griflet
discovers the Icon of the Dragon underneath Crenore's
- [18th](Butterfly). Griflet and his band set sail for the isle
of Zeçy and are attacked at sea by Fire Wizards of Moorsh.
Griflet's swan-ship is damaged by fire, but the pirates are
- [19th](Mouse). Griflet's swan-ship reaches Zeçy at night
and Griflet, Leonore, Griff, Kellin, Windwood and Arborius land on
the island. They are hunted by Wild Elves but Griflet manages to
- [20th](Toad). Griflet and his band are pursued by Wild Elves
into the moss-covered ruins of Zeçy. After a fight with a
patrol of Wild Elves, Leonore is wounded. The band makes its way to
Celedril's magical tower. They gain access and meet Celedril, whose
ancient body is co-habited by a demon. Celedril makes Griflet his
heir and restores the Icon of the Dragon to its original Law Stone
form. Death of Celedril when Griflet obeys his orders and executes
him. Griflet's band - except for Leonore, who is mysteriously
trapped - escape the tower and make their way back to the beach
where they find Griff the Gallant murdered and their boat burned by
Wild Elves. Griflet and his elves return to the tower.
- [22nd](Swan). Griflet, Kellin, Arborius and Windwood descend
the Tower of Zeçy to the Sighing Plain, leaving Leonore
behind. They bury Griff the Gallant outside Tovilyis and enter that
city. Quarn and Lucidia set sail from Kadesh to Ilthmar.
- [23rd](Mole). Holed up in a ruined building in Tovilyis,
Griflet considers his next move.
- [28th](Fox). Griflet enters the underground Library of Tovilyis
complex. He and his band skirmish with the Shawei elves and their
Grimlock slaves. In the library, Griflet finds two books which he
believes may help his friend Leonore. Griflet captures then frees
Helias, a Shawei guard commander.
- [1st](Hare). Quarn and Lucidia arrive in Ilthmar Port. Lucidia
purchases the House of Dark Delights in Rat's Alley, the Heights of
Ilthmar. Lucidia and Quarn set out again for Ka-Zoza, this time
- [6th](Spider). Griflet and his group return to the Elven
- [7th](Scorpion). Seeking a means to destroy Coryon, Griflet
sets sail for Antim Town in a Swan Ship with his guards and
- [9th](Frog). Quarn and Lucidia excavate at the site of the
ruined Diamond Knight fortress of Ka-Mantuk, in the hope of
accessing the collapsed cellars. A storm forces them to abandon
- [10th](Hornet). Quarn and Lucidia are attacked by Horn
Hulfing's bandits in the Venta Volina. Though badly wounded, Quarn
manages to slay the bandits. Lucidia murders the innkeeper in a
rage. The pair retreat to Ilthmar to heal. They remain in Ilthmar,
studying and training, for the rest of the year. Griflet arrives in
Antim Town and meets Buttercup at the Temple of Straasha there. She
gives him the Rod of Kulg. Griflet dismisses his companions and
begins training with Buttercup.
- [29th](Beaver). The elven swanship returns to Antim Town.
Griflet heads south with Buttercup, Helias, Windwood, Kellin,
Arborius and the rest of the crew.
- [11th](Parrot). Griflet's swan ship arrives at Red Rock Bay on
a cold grey evening.
- [12th](Dove). Griflet climbs Red Rock and defeats Coryon's
Horrible Abomination of Stone at Coryon's Sanctum. There, he
receives a vision from the Law Stone. He returns to the swan ship
which sails across the Upper Lake. There Griflet disembarks with
Helias, Windwood, Kellin and Arborius. Following the urgings of the
Law Stone, they head south into the Quarmall Barrens. Buttercup
retrieves the Rod of Kulg and returns northwards in the swan
- [19th](Mouse). Griflet plants the Law Stone in the ground and
creates the land of Black Earth's Bloom.
- [25th](Bat). Having left Windwood, Arborius and Kellin at the
Place of Whispering Stone, Griflet returns to his ship.
- [28th](Fox). Griflet returns to the Elven compound and meets
with his three advisors Gorianthas, Corinth and Tolinthis.
- [1st](Hare). After motivating the elves to uproot themselves
once more, Griflet meets with Vardin in his dugout.
- [30th](Crab). The first thousand elves move to the Place of
Whispering Stone to begin building in Griflet's new land.
- [15th](Dog). Quarn creates a Brazier of Power in the House of
Dark Delights. Lucidia and Quarn set sail from Ilthmar in their own
ship, the 'Flying Salmon'. Their pilot is a D'ahuun Oceanian, a
dwarf-like demon mariner summoned by Quarn.
- [16th](Skunk). Griflet sets sail from Whispering Earth, bound
- [20th](Toad). Lucidia and Quarn arrive on shore a short
distance from the fortress Ka-Zoza. They scout out the bandit
stronghold and return to their campsite.
- [21st](Cat). Quarn and Lucidia enter Ka-Zoza through a secret
tunnel. After climbing up through the well in the heart of the
fortress, the pair slay Lord Wrenchid of the Enquirers and rescue
Captain Fazhan of Kadesh from the torture chamber. Lucidia is badly
wounded by Lord Wrenchid.
- [27th](Rat). Lucidia and Captain Fazhan return to Ilthmar (to
be joined later by Quarn). Captain Fazhan agrees to become
Lucidia's servant at her House of Dark Delights.
- [30th](Crab). Griflet's Swan Ship encounters the Wild Elf ship
and meets with Jaern Shadowblade in the Snarlwash near
- [1st](Hare). Griflet speaks with the War Council of the Isle of
Zeçy, and persuades them that he is their king. With some
reluctance they allow him access to the island. He re-enters the
Tower of Zeçy to rescue Leonore, then returns to speak to
the bewildered Wild Elves.
- [8th](Lizard). Griflet sets sail for Black Earth's Bloom in a
Wild Elf vessel (the Greenwolf) accompanied by War Council members
Jaern Shadowblade, Thion Bearspear, Andril and Tallbow Wintershine
and their warriors.
- [11th](Parrot). The Greenwolf arrives at a natural harbour to
the east of Whispering Earth, the Bay of Leaves.
- [20th](Toad). Griflet and the Wild Elves return to the Place of
- [22nd](Swan). Nine moons since Celedril cut his rune into
Griflet; he begins his nine days of meditation by the light of the
- [30th](Crab). Dark of the moon. Griflet's meditation ends.
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet rides with Windwood to inspect parts of
- [15th](Dog). Griflet and Windwood arrive at the Stone Jetty
- [19th](Mouse). Griflet and Windwood return to Whispering
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet and Windwood reach the harbour, and
discuss developments with Jaern Shadowblade and Shipmaster
- [2nd](Minnow). Griflet and Windwood meet Ferianh, a scout who
watches the southern border of Whispering Earth.
- [7th](Scorpion). Griflet and Windwood examine a giant's hut in
the foothills of the Mountains of Hunger.
- [10th](Hornet). Griflet and Windwood return to Whispering
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet rides Mudyana at speed to the New Harbour
in the Bay of Leaves.
- [16th](Skunk). Grifet and Windwood arrive at the harbour, to
Jaern Shadowblade's surprise.
- [19th](Mouse). Thion Bearspear arrives at the harbour. He
travels with Shipmaster to Zhivias to Zeçy while Jaern
Shadowblade, Griflet and Windwood sail to the Isle of
- [20th](Toad). Griflet's band camps on the east coast of
Xenophon, and crosses to the west.
- [22nd](Swan). Griflet arrives at the Empty Chapel stone
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet and his group sail away from Xenophon,
only to find themselves in unfamiliar waters. They reach Baharna on
the Isle of Oriab. Griflet learns of the oracular powers of the
Accused Valley stones, who will answer questions in exchange for
human sacrifice. He persuades the Baharna council to surrender to
him a convicted criminal, Brazzibar the Unmerciful.
- [25th](Bat). Griflet sacrifices Brazzibar the Unmerciful in the
Accursed Valley. He learns how to return to Xenophon (or the 'Ghost
Isle' as it is known in that dimension).
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet steals many silkworms from a farm near
Baharna, and escapes to sea.
- [15th](Dog). Quarn and Lucidia set sail for Ka-Zoza, their
sixth sortie against Horn Hulfing. Griflet and his band arrive at
the Ghost Isle and return to the obelisk.
- [18th](Butterfly). Griflet returns to the Bay of Leaves.
- [20th](Toad). In the Vault of Ka-Zoza, Lucidia and Quarn defeat
the undead former Diamond Knight Lord Zartek and his skeletal
minions. Quarn discovers the Archive Room of Ka-Zoza, a repository
of Diamond Knight knowledge. Griflet returns to Whispering
- [21st](Cat). Quarn and Lucidia sneak through the passages of
Ka-Zoza. They ambush and slay Horn Hulfing and his lieutenant
Gaspar D'ool outside Hulfing's chamber. They steal Hulfing's
treasure and carry it to the Archive Room.
- [22nd](Swan). The Feast of the Protectors. Griflet issues
edicts concerning Whispering Earth.
- [23rd](Mole). Griflet talks to Tolinthis and despatches a
messenger to Merrick Quickstring.
- [24th](Shrew). Griflet's Feast of House Royale is interrupted
by news of the Battle of the Stone Jetty. The Gypsy Nation arrives
at Ka-Zoza from the south.
- [26th](Squirrel). Griflet and Gelblin of House Protector arrive
at Stone Jetty to find the Shawei attack has been successfully
defeated by Helias. Griflet sends Gelblin back to Whispering Stone
to recover Bloodbane's Head.
- [29th](Beaver). Lucidia and Quarn return to Ilthmar.
- [30th](Crab). Gelblin returns with his warriors and the head of
Bloodbane to the Stone Jetty. He also brings news that nomads have
squatted in southern Whispering Earth.
- [4th](Newt). Quarn summons demons to help him remove the
treasure hidden in the Archive Room of Ka-Zoza.
- [5th](Raven). Quarn and Lucidia depart Ilthmar for Kadesh to
claim their reward.
- [7th](Scorpion). Windwood rejoins Griflet at the Stone Jetty
Settlement. Griflet decides to abandon the settlement and establish
a new base on the Upper Lake, to be named Diamond. Griflet fills
Stone Jetty with traps and leaves Bloodbane's head as bait.
- [9th](Frog). Griflet returns to Whispering Stone to discuss the
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet leads an army to Graycyon's Peak where
the Hek nomads are encamped. They parley and agree not to cross the
Silveredge River and to pay a tribute of Epacott plant to Griflet's
Kingdom. Griflet leaves Gelblin and his troops in charge of
building a bridge over the Silveredge at Graycyon's Peak.
- [14th](Falcon). Quarn and Lucidia arrive in Kadesh and receive
their reward from Prince Muburuk, who also hires them for another
mission: to scout out the haunted Isle of Ka-Nisra
- [15th](Dog). Lucidia and Quarn depart Kadesh.
- [16th](Skunk). Griflet returns to Whispering Stone. He sends
Gorianthas and twenty young elves to the trading post to start the
Shadow Star Monastery with Arborius. Griflet orders the families of
the trading post to move to Diamond. The Shawei attack Stone Jetty
(at great cost) and remove Bloodbane's Head from the town
- [17th](Worm). Elven scouts Waystone, Aliantor and Theris are
escorting their Shawei prisoner Meleis. Meleis frees himself and
kills Theris. Aliantor wants to kill Meleis but Waystone prevents
him; Aliantor rides off.
- [18th](Butterfly). Scout Waystone arrives with his Shawei
prisoner Meleis, whom Griflet interrogates and imprisons.
- [21st](Cat). The 'Flying Salmon' runs aground and sinks in the
Sinking Lands due to the D'ahuun Oceanian's error. Abandoning their
boat, Quarn and Lucida are forced to lug their treasure through the
Sinking Lands and the Wetlands back to Dryways.
- [24th](Shrew). Quarn and Lucidia arrive at Dryways, tired and
dirty. The Gypsy Nation arrives at Kadesh. The Siege of Kadesh
- [26th](Squirrel). Lucidia and Quarn return to Ilthmar. Windwood
returns to Whispering Stone and meets Griflet there.
- [29th](Beaver). Griflet orders Windwood to scout out the Giants
lands, Comestas to prepare a Giant's feast and his tailors to make
a Giant suit of clothes.
- [2nd](Minnow). Dislodged by the Gypsy Siege, Morgan of Vil-Ning
departs Kadesh in his ship Grey Owl, headed for Moorsh with his
mysterious passenger Bra'haa.
- [3rd](Turtle). Quarn and Lucidia set out for Ka-Mantuk with
labourers and carpenters to build a pier near the ruins of
- [4th](Newt). Griflet arives at the Diamond site and consults
with Grogromanth and Leonore.
- [5th](Raven). The Grey Owl arrives in Moorsh and Morgan
disembarks his passenger. Later, while still in town, Morgan is
offered a job by another black wizard.
- [8th](Lizard). Quarn, Lucidia and their crew arrive at
Ka-Mantuk and commence work. The 'Roc', flagship of the Kadeshi
navy arrives in Ilth-port.
- [9th](Frog). Quarn rides south to reconnoitre Ka-Zoza.
- [11th](Parrot). Quarn questions a peasant of Ka-Zoza village
and learns that he and Lucidia are sought by the Gypsy Nation.
- [12th](Dove). The marines of the 'Roc' break into the House of
Dark Delights in Ilthmar seeking Quarn and Lucidia. The Kadeshites
injure Captain Fazhan and steal Lucidia's treasure chest, breaking
the magical Ward which Lucidia had placed there.
- [13th](Hawk). Griflet arrives at Vardin's Dugout and meets
Vardin, Arborius and Gorianthas.
- [14th](Falcon). Quarn returns to Ka-Mantuk. Lucidia rides there
at full speed.
- [15th](Dog). Kellin arrives at Shadow-star and tells Griflet of
the treachery of Porthos of the Eagle's Way in Lorn Velpa.
- [16th](Skunk). Griflet, Arborius and Kellin sneak into Lorn
Velpa and break into Porthos' house.
- [17th](Worm). Griflet fools Porthos into stealing High Priest
Altius' holy symbol. Lucidia arrives in Ilthmar and finds her house
in a shambles. She learns of the 'Roc' from the harbourmaster of
Ilthmar. She sails back to the nearly-completed pier of Ka-Mantuk
in the 'Slimy Seadog', captained by the piratical Captain
- [18th](Butterfly). Porthos is arrested in Lorn Velpa, after
attempting to kill Altius. Griflet enlists Altius' help as Law
guardian of Lorn Velpa.
- [19th](Mouse). Griflet returns to the Elven Compound and meets
with Arborius, then takes sail.
- [21st](Cat). Lucidia arrives back at Ka-Mantuk. Griflet returns
- [22nd](Swan). Ka-Mantuk pier complete. Griflet rides out to the
Sighing Plain north of Tovilyis with Helias.
- [28th](Fox). Quarn and Lucidia's labour crew returns to
Ilthmar. Quarn and Lucidia take passage to Kadesh.
- [30th](Crab). Griflet returns to Whispering Stone.
- [5th](Raven). Comestas cooks a feast for the Giant Ugbooth and
Griflet persuades him to work in the quarry north of Diamond.
- [7th](Scorpion). Quarn and Lucidia sail into Kadesh Port, and
find the siege in progress.
- [8th](Lizard). The Giant Ubooth arrives at Diamond and begins
work in the quarry.
- [9th](Frog). Quarn and Lucidia escape Kadesh in (poor)
- [18th](Butterfly). Quarn and Lucidia arrive back in
- [19th](Mouse). Quarn and Lucidia meet Xabachay, the Condemned
Scribe of Ool Hrusp. Quarn hires Xabachay to translate Lord
Zartek's library. Quarn and Lucidia send a message outlining their
demands to Prince Muburuk.
- [20th](Toad). The adventurer Vizigan, in an effort to claim
Muburuk's reward on their heads, confronts Quarn and Lucidia in the
House of Dark Delights. Lucidia and Quarn slay the rogue. Griflet
inspects the elven compound and visits Vardin.
- [15th](Dog). In Kadesh, Prince Muburuk ignores Quarn and
- [29th](Beaver). A Bzzzt demon, summoned by Quarn, destroys the
'Roc', Prince Muburuk's flagship. Griflet returns to Whispering
- [6th](Spider). Two years since the destruction of Imric's Hold
- [19th](Mouse). First anniversary of the founding of Whispering
- [26th](Bat). After a week of failed summonings, a demon
summoned by Quarn fails to retrieve his stolen treasure from
- [15th](Dog). Two years since the Battle of Nightmare's
- [22nd](Swan). Twice nine moons since Celedril cut his rune into
Griflet; he begins his nine days of meditation by the light of the
- [30th](Crab). Dark of the moon. Griflet's meditation ends.
- [2nd](Minnow). Siege of Kadesh ends. Unable to maintain unity,
harried by lack of food, the Gypsy Nation lifts the siege of Kadesh
and rolls northwards. Prince Muburuk swears to avenge himself on
the gypsies someday.
- [7th](Scorpion). Griflet meets Moin and Gloin of the
- [16th](Skunk). The Niebelung lead Griflet, Helias and a
contingent of elves deep beneath the Mountains of Hunger to meet
the Niebelungen King Weylund. Weylund complains that Ugbooth is
quarrying too close to a dwarven outpost; Griflet diplomatically
agrees to relocate the giant.
- [24th](Shrew). The Niebelungen escort Griflet and his party
northwards through tunnels to Diamond, where he parts with
- [28th](Fox). After researching magic for three months, Quarn
and Lucidia summon a Soltero porter demon to teleport them to the
haunted Isle of Ka-Nisra. They explore the castle of Ka-Nisra and
stumble across a conclave of Diamond Knights from another time,
endlessly debating the guilt or innocence of Al-Nisr.
- [1st](Hare) Each hour in the Council Chamber of the Diamond
Knights is a day in the outside world. Quarn and Lucidia emerge
from Ka-Nisra, having taken an Oath of Law that they will bring
Lord Jadyn back to the council chamber.
- [3rd](Turtle) Quarn and Lucidia trick Lord Jadyn into a meeting
at Pazar, where they kidnap him and take him to their secret pier
- [8th](Lizard) Quarn and Lucidia deliver Lord Jadyn to the
castle of Ka-Nisra, where he is forced to help pass judgement on
Al-Nisr. Then, the council chamber vanishes with all the knights
(and Jadyn). Quarn and Lucidia are left alone on Ka-Nisra. [Old
Coast Campaign ends.]
- [30th](Crab) Quarn swears allegiance to Hecate of Chaos in
- [1st](Hare) Quarn and Lucidia have an audience with Ningauble
of the Seven Eyes at his caves near Ilthmar. Ning sends them on the
Wizard's Quest to retrieve the Sea King's Black Pearl. [Wizard's
Quest Campaign begins].
- [5th](Raven). Quarn and Lucidia arrive in Lankhmar on the
- [7th](Scorpion). Lucidia botches a murder in Lankhmar, forcing
the pair to leave in a hurry.
- [8th](Lizard). Lucidia and Quarn set sail for the Sea King's
domain in the Silver Rat.
- [12th](Dove). The Silver Rat arrives at Ool Hrusp.
- [13th](Hawk). The Silver Rat arrives above the Sea King's
Domain. Before too long, a whirlpool forms a hole in the sea. Quarn
and Lucidia descend, leaving a D'ahuun Oceanian demon minding the
boat. Quarn and Lucidia explore the Sea King's Domain in a magical
air bubble. While Lucidia robs the Sea King's bedchamber, Quarn is
drugged and imprisoned by two of the Sea King's wives. Quarn
bungles a summoning of a Soltero demon; it attacks him in his cell,
but he defeats it and escapes.
- [14th](Falcon). To rescue Quarn, Lucidia swears allegiance to
Hionhurn of Chaos in the Sea King's Domain. Quarn rejoins Lucidia
on board the Silver Rat just as the hole in the sea closes.
- [16th](Skunk). Quarn and Lucidia return to Ool Hrusp. Christian
of the High Passes sets sail from Lankhmar, guarding a wizard.
- [20th](Toad). Christian's wizard employer dies in a plague of
boils. Christian arrives at Ool Hrusp. He meets Quarn and Lucidia
at the Grey Ghost Inn. A bar brawl ensues. Lucidia robs and wounds
Christian. He tries to pursue her but she escapes with Quarn on the
Silver Rat. Christian takes ship for Lankhmar in disgust.
- [21st](Cat). After waiting out a storm in a cove near Ool
Hrusp, Lucidia and Quarn proceed in the Silver Rat back to the Sea
King's Domain. While Lucidia seduces the guards, Quarn (armed with
both living keys) breaks into the Sea King's Aqua-areum. He
discovers the black pearl in a clamshell inside a silver pillar,
but he almost drowns and loses consciousness. When he recovers, the
guards return and a battle ensues. Quarn is almost killed by a
mermaid, but Lucidia saves him and gets him back to the Silver Rat.
The furious Sea King causes a storm which blows the Silver Rat
hither and thither.
- [25th](Bat). The Sea King's storm blows Christian of the High
Passes, Cunelas, Maelin and Black Arrow ashore at Earth's End. They
seek shelter at the Inn of the World's End and make the
acquaintance of some strange characters. Cunelas cross-dresses and
narrowly avoids being seduced by local sherriff Numinante
Thief-taker. Maelin spies some suspicious goings-on between three
men in black and a wagon-master. [Earth's End Campaign
- [26th](Squirrel). Cunelas, Christian, Maelin and Black Arrow
attend the making of the Greenwitch on the heads above Earth's End.
In the dunes near town they discover the decapitated body of a
giant Blue Man and the wrecked ship (the Shark) of the pirate
- [27th](Rat). Maelin uses the Blue Man's Hand to lure the three
adventurers in black to an ambush at the blowhole prepared by
Cunelas, Christian and Black Arrow. One of the men in black is
killed; the others flee Earth's End. Quarn recovers consciousness
on board the Silver Rat.
- [28th](Fox). At dawn, Maelin, Christian, Cunelas and Black
Arrow meet the third Blue Man in the dunes near Earth's End. The
Blue Man speaks a strange language; they can only communicate by
scratching drawings in the sand. The four return to Earth's End,
where they meet a young Berghovian knight named Albrecht von
- [29th](Beaver). Black Arrow and the minstrel Tandy Gilliam seek
a romantic interlude at the Shark while Maelin, Cunelas, Christian
and Albrecht explore Seabeard's island and his house of Groaning
Wires. They discover signs of the Blue Men and of a mysterious
Shark Cult. A frustrated Albrecht sets Seabeard's house on fire. On
a rock called 'The Collector' the three find the missing Blue Man's
head. That night, at the World's End Tavern, Cunelas impersonates
Black Arrow and seduces Tandy; Black Arrow is furious and beats
- [30th](Crab). Following the madman's map from the House of
Groaning Wires, Maelin, Black Arrow, Cunelas and Christian travel
by sea in the boat of a fisherman named Legolath. They discover a
sacrificial outpost of the Shark Cult in the Terrine, the bleak
rocky outcrop south of Earth's End. There they capture a golden
book and a fanatical cultist who they later turn over to
- [1st](Hare). Cunelas, Christian, Maelin and Black Arrow return
to Earth's End from the Shark Cult outpost. Black Arrow slinks away
with Tandy Gilliam. The rest are disturbed when Shark Cult leader
Valinwan and his followers make a raid on Numinante's gaol and the
last Blue Man arrives in the village. Joined by Albrecht von Linden
from the World's End tavern, the group pursue the cultists on
horseback. A bloody ambush ensues in which Christian is badly
wounded. The four recapture the golden book and find the Finger of
Dirg, which Maelin later destroys with his blood. The Blue Man
tells Albrecht the location of the Holy Grail he has been seeking,
now in possession of the Greenwitch. Albrecht dives into the sea
and manages to trade the golden book for the grail, still clutched
in dead Seabeard's bony hands. The Blue Man vanishes with the cup
and the storm passes. The Silver Rat arrives safely at Ool
- [5th](Raven). Quarn and Lucidia return to Ilthmar, to rest and
- [2nd](Minnow). Healed of their wounds, and having enlisted the
townsfolk of Earth's End to recover and repair the Shark, Cunelas,
Christian, Black Arrow, Maelin and Albrecht prepare to leave
- [5th](Raven). The Greedy City. The Shark docks in Lankhmar,
where Christian of the High Passes immediately gets involved in a
fight. On their way to the Silver Eel tavern in the Tenderloin
District, Christian, Maelin, Cunelas, Black Arrow and Albrecht
notice a disturbing amount of fights and violence over money in the
city. At the Silver Eel Christian and Albrecht scare away some
representatives of the Thieves' Guild, to tavernkeeper Bragi's
relief. Christian renews his membership in the Slayers' Brotherhood
while the others purchase arms from the Plaza of Dark Delights.
Maelin spots the mysterious wagoneer from Earth's End, but loses
him in the crowd. Meanwhile Albrecht von Linden is arrested by the
city guard for suspicious armament. Cunelas and Christian fast-talk
Albrecht's parents into providing the bribe to free Albrecht.
Maelin and Black Arrow watch a festival in which a Beastman cultist
is burned alive, then follow the wagoneer (who was also at the
festival) back to a tenement in the Tenderloin, while Cunelas
enjoys a performance at the Grand Playhouse a few blocks away.
Maelin and Black Arrow stake out the wagoneer's house for a while,
then return to the Silver Eel for reinforcements. At midnight the
group, joined by Grierdon Ithrain return to raid the wagoneer's
house. Black Arrow sneaks past the sleeping wagoneer Erei and his
unconscious master Oorn and ransacks the desk, but accidentally
knocks Cunelas from the window and alerts Erei. The group escape
thanks to some fast-talking by Grierdon. Cunelas and Albrecht
return to Erei's later, but he is awake. They escape back to the
- [6th](Spider). Examining the captured papers, the group learn
of a pouch sold by Oorn to the merchant Finester, who has become a
recluse in his walled mansion. Christian, Grierdon and Albrecht
learn that Finester refused to pay his stonemason Stiv D'or. They
agree to recover the debt with Stiv's brother Arrun. Meanwhile back
at Erei's place, Maelin and Black Arrow observe Erei attempting to
smuggle the unconscious Oorn out of the city in a magically speedy
wagon (after setting his house on fire. Maelin jumps on board and
grabs Ooorn. The wagon speeds out of the Grand Gate. Maelin takes
Oorn to the Sorceror's Guild, then to a herbalist in Bones Alley
and finally to the Temple of Mog, whose priest advises Maelin to
seek Sheelba of the Eyeless Face in the Great Salt Marsh.
- [7th](Scorpion). Maelin meets with Sheelba of the Eyeless Face,
who tells him that Lankhmar is threatened by a demon who takes the
form of pieces of gold. Using a special potion he must sniff the
gold out and melt it down with the magical metal Oricalchum to kill
the demon. Meanwhile, early in the morning Cunelas, Christian,
Albrecht, Grierdon and Black Arrow raid Finester's walled manse.
This is not too hard because Finester's unpaid guards are easily
bribed. Cunelas and Black arrow torment the merchant to within an
inch of his life and he finally relinquishes his gold and his
pouch. Albrecht and Black Arrow each take a large share of the
merchant's gold (Black Arrow takes the pouch and later discards
it); Christian takes just Stiv D'or's share. Maelin returns with
Sheelba's news. Black Arrow and Albrect become affected by the
power of the gold demon. Albrecht books passage back to Berghof
with his treasure while Black Arrow, after obsessively counting his
gold, decides to return to the merchant's house for more. There he
is captured by Christian, Maelin, Cunelas and Grierdon. Using the
magical potion of Sheelba, Maelin tracks down Albrecht on the Far
Wanderer at the docks. The situation looks ugly - Albrecht is fed
up with his former companions - but fast talking combined with
sincerity from Cunelas and Grierdon saves the day, and Albrecht
reluctantly agrees to give up his gold. Maelin finds another gold
stash at Stiv D'or's, but he is chased away by the guards. Cunelas
disguises himself as a healer, persuades the suspicious Stiv to
hold his breath and close his eyes, then knocks him out and steals
his gold. The group bury the gold near a tomb outside Lankhmar,
vowing to return with Oricalchum (from the Blue Mens' coffins in
Earth's End) to put an end to the demon.
- [9th](Frog). Christian, Cunelas and Maelin are joined by ship
captain Kurt D'karo and Mingol performer Warren the Wit in the
Silver Eel tavern. Together they board the Shark and head to
- [11th](Parrot). The Shark arrives at Earth's End. There is a
night of revelry at the World's End Tavern, during which Christian,
Maelin, Cunelas, Warren and Kurt steal the three oricalchum coffins
from the tavern.
- [12th](Dove). Christian, Cunelas and Maelin bury the body of
the Blue Man on Seabeard's island.
- [14th](Falcon). Quarn and Lucidia set out from Ilthmar. In the
evening, the Shark returns to Lankhmar. Maelin, Christian, Cunelas
take the coffins to the site of the buried Gold Demon. There they
find a mysterious bush, surrounded by mindless servants of the
demon. A short fight ensues, the villains are despatched. The group
melt down the gold in one of the coffins, and the Gold Demon is
destroyed. The group return the remaining two coffins to the Shark,
while Maelin searches unsuccessfully for the unconscious wizard and
his house. Christian locates the burnt-out shell of the house, but
there is nothing there.
- [15th](Dog). Quarn and Lucidia attempt to use the power of the
black pearl, but are unsuccessful. The Shark departs for the Empty
- [16th](Skunk). Quarn and Lucidia arrive at Ningauble's cave and
return the pearl to him. At the Empty Isles, Maelin, Christian,
Warren and Grierdon bury one of the coffins. They meet Ryk Krannson
the Northman, who has been stranded on the isle.
- [17th](Worm). The Shark returns to Lankhmar, and its crew
retire to the Silver Eel for a drinking session. Ryk and Maelin
reveal their connections to the southern town of Lorn Velpa, and
the group drunkenly resolves to sail there.
- [18th](Butterfly). Grierdon bribes a smith to lend Ryk (who is
a weaponsmith) his forge. Ryk smelts the remaining oricalchum
coffin into 16 pure ingots. Later Grierdon sells one of the ingots
in the Plaza of Dark Delights for a good sum.
- [19th](Mouse). The Shark sails out of Lankhmar, bound for Antim
Town via the Sinking Lands and the Quarmallian Canal.
- [25th](Bat). The Shark arrives at Antim Town. At the Dockside
tavern there, the group encounters Black Arrow, who has arrived
- [26th](Squirrel). Ryk Krannson is much taken by comely
Buttercup, priestess of Straasha. Maelin meets Kellin in the River
Hlal tavern, who reveals that either Ooorn the Red-Eyed or Ash the
Renegade may have knowledge of the heart he has been seeking.
Maelin reveals his true identity - Corg Kilarn of Lorn Velpa - to
his friends. Black Arrow recalls tales of a fanatical horde of
bandits in the north-eastern Great Forest area, which could be
related to Ash. The Shark departs for Lorn Velpa.
- [29th](Beaver). Quarn and Lucidia arrive outside Sarheenmar.
The gates are closed so they camp with marshmallow merchant Myron
of Gnamph Nar.
- [30th](Crab). Sales, rogues and arguments in Sarheenmar. Quarn
has a dream of the goddess Hecate, who releases him from his debt
to Ningauble. Wizard's Quest ends.
- [1st](Hare). Quarn affirms his loyalty to Hecate and becomes a
Champion of Chaos on the hill overlooking Sarheenmar. Returning to
Sarheenmar, Quarn is met by Myron the Marshmallow Merchant who
hires him to protect his caravan from the Beastmen of the Barrier
Mountains, especially a particularly nasty character known as 'The
Burned One'. 6th (Spider). The Shark arrives at Lorn Velpa. Ryk
Krannson hurries to the Temple of the Eagle's Way, where he reads
The Book of the Eagle's Way for three days and three nights.
- [9th](Frog). Ryk Krannson finishes the Book of the Eagle's Way
and is rewarded for his enlightenment with his own copy by the
- [10th](Hornet). Corg Kilarn (formerly Maelin) leaves his
companions and heads towards the Pass of Adlerweg and the Mountains
- [15th](Dog). Quarn arrives with Myron's caravan at a burnt-out
wagon near the Great Forest.
- [20th](Toad). Myron's caravan is ambushed by a fanatical force
of Beastmen. Myron and his merchants are killed, but Quarn and
Lucidia escape with the aid of magic.
- [21st](Cat). Quarn and Lucidia return to the scene of the
ambush, and track the beastmen to their lair. They discover an
abandoned mineshaft which gives them access to the upper levels of
the Beastmen's caves. Lucidia almost gets stuck permanently in a
tiny crawlspace but is rescued (somewhat lecherously) by Quarn. The
pair witness a mass meeting of Beastmen in a huge cave; the
beastmen are led by a mysterious figure in golden armour. Quarn and
Lucidia explore a frustrating maze of old mine tunnels, and descend
into the depths of the Beastman lair. Griflet begins his
nine-monthly rune cutting ritual.
- [30th](Crab). Evening. Ronaldo Vasquez, Cyric and Zhao Liang
meet in Aarth and resolve to journey southwards together.
- [1st](Hare). In the late afternoon, Cyric, Zhao Liang and
Ronaldo Vasquez arrive at Dunmere Keep. At Whispering Stone,
Griflet emerges from his ritual and interrogates his Hek
- [2nd](Minnow). The three (along with Government man Adayk)
arrive at the old hill fort and explore. They destroy some
skeletons trapped in a ravine.
- [3rd](Turtle). The trio defeat the rest of the skeletons and
return to Dunmere Keep by midnight.
- [4th](Newt). Cyric, Zhao Liang and Ronaldo Vasquez are rewarded
by the Government office, and get their names on the Tally Board in
the White Skull Inn.
- [5th](Raven). Corg Kilarn, Kur Pelagius and Ronaldo Vasquez
meet for the first time in the White Skull Inn. They spoke to the
priest Daebwyn and his acolyte. Corg investigates the Glorious
Company's house but is driven off. He chases a messenger boy but is
stopped by Kur Pelagius and Ronaldo Vasquez.
- [6th](Spider). With Cyric wounded and Zhao Liang nowhere to be
found, Ronaldo Vasquez sets off with his new companions and Adayk
on an expedition to Castle Dread.
- [7th](Scorpion). Ronaldo Vasquez and his companions arrive at
Castle Dread. They find the Glorious company in combat with the
Dead. Vasquez and Pelagius are discovered and driven off by the
Glorious Company. Corg Kilarn discovers the necromancer Chaus, who
reveals Warden Gword's duplicity. Caderi's party is massacred in
the hills. Tech-na-Chuk-Chuk-Wakae-Hazar begins his wanderings in
the land of Mnar.
- [8th](Lizard). Tech-na meets the boy Emrei Wa'aii in the Oasis
of Ek'kil. Tech-na revives the boy's grandfather from a drugged
trance. The old man agrees to take Tech-na as his apprentice in
dreamlore and later that evening the two journey to Wa'aii's house
in Ulthar in the Dreamlands. In the Dunmere Hills, Kur Pelagius and
Corg Kilarn quarrel and almost come to blows.
- [9th](Frog). Ronaldo Vasquez and his companions return to
Dunmere Keep. They inform Bailiff Weras of the Glorious Company's
scam. The Glorious Company resist arrest and there is a fight in
the White Skull Inn. During the battle Kur Pelagius slays Unarem
the Sly and Brila of the Glorious Company; the rest surrender to
the guards. Caderi's company wiped out by the Dead in Shadow
- [10th](Hornet). Warden Gword is sentenced to hang; the rest of
the Glorious Company are banished from Dunmere Keep. Ronaldo
Vasquez, Kur Pelagius and Corg Kilarn are rewarded by Bailiff
Weras. Griflet, recovered from his (self-inflicted) wounds grants
an audience to Helias in Whispering Earth.
- [12th](Dove). Caderi brings news of a large encampment of Dead
to the south. Bailiff Weras sends Ronaldo Vasquez, Cyric and Kur
Pelagius to investigate the claims. The group sets off with Adayk
- [14th](Falcon). Ronaldo Vasquez is badly bitten by the Gword's
- [15th](Dog). Ronaldo Vasquez and his companions arrive at the
Pool of the Watchers, where they are attacked by skeletons. Vasquez
is killed in the fight, but Pelagius and Cyric defeat the rest. Kur
Pelagius scouts out the valley, then the group turns back. Cyric
- [20th](Toad). Cyric and Kur Pelagius return to Dunmere Keep.
Bailiff Weras commends them.
- [21st](Cat). The wake of Ronaldo Vasquez is held.
- [25th](Bat). Bailiff Weras charges Cyric, Kur Pelagius and Corg
Kilarn with recruiting mercenaries. They speak with Caderi. Kur
Pelagius and Corg Kilarn recruit six Knights of Eylea in the
- [26th](Squirrel). Cyric (with Doewyn in tow) recruits the
Glorious Company in Aarth. Kur Pelagius, Corg Kilarn and Caderi
return to Dunmere with the Knights of Eylea.
- [27th](Rat). Cyric and Doewyn return to Dunmere with the
Glorious Company. Corg Kilarn wrestles with Legelaw the Athletic.
That evening, Berghhovian soldiers arrive at Dunmere Keep.
- [28th](Fox). Cyric, Corg Kilarn and Kur Pelagius set out from
Dunmere Keep at the head of their small army.
Patrick Maslen 2006-05-24
- [2nd](Minnow). Battle of Shadow Valley. The Berghovian army
including Cyric, Corg Kilarn and Kur Pelagius defeats the cultists
and skeletons of Shadow Valley. Kur Pelagius finds the Tome of the
- [6th](Spider). Cyric, Corg Kilarn and Kur Pelagius return to
Dunmere Keep, where they are rewarded by Bailiff Weras. The cultist
prisoners are hung.
- [22nd](Swan). Cyric and Kur Pelagius depart Dunmere. That
evening they rest at the Aarth Arms, where they meet Aranduil of
- [23rd](Mole). Cyric, Kur and Aranduil arrive at the village of
Droje, where they spend a lively night at the Drojan Horse.
- [24th](Shrew). The three adventurers accompany four Eylean
Knights to their fortress in the Great Southern Swamp. There they
are welcomed by Sir Timir.
- [25th](Bat). Cyric, Kur and Aranduil depart Eylea, after some
suspicious goings-on at the Temple of Law there.
- [26th](Squirrel). Cyric, Kur and Aranduil arrive in Tulan.
Cyric meets Johnny Northside, who forges him a seal. Aranduil
explores Garden Island. The three meet Sir Porthus outside the
Travelers' Inn. Porthos tells them that his master Sensotha has
been kidnapped by black-hatted bandits. Cyric and Aranduil meet
Cela D'Arrana in the Wagon Tongue Inn.
- [27th](Rat). Cyric, Kur, Aranduil and Cela set out from Tulan
with Sir Porthus. They meet the Black Hat leaders Myrti and Wyric,
who ask them to find their errant son Viggo, who has kidnapped the
abbot. They find the camp and Cela manages to slip a sleeping
potion (manufactured by Aranduil) into the vigilantes' food. The
renegades are captured and the abbot and his nuns released.
- [28th](Fox). Cyric, Kur, Aranduil and Cela return to Tulan with
the abbot Sensotha and his followers.